We’re greatly honored to have a part in the new Sandy Hook School. Our Skyfold wall is in their gym/cafeteria/auditorium, providing flexibility in their great, new space. It’s been almost four years since the tragic shooting that happened in Newtown, Connecticut. Since that horrible day, the community has joined together to support each other and improve the school. The new facility is absolutely beautiful. Take a look below.
Thoughts From the Architect
Architect: Svigals + Partners
Download the PDF from Svigals + Partners
“The design of the school was developed in concert with the wider community and consequently was approved at each phase, on budget and with construction proceeding on schedule.”
Photos of Skyfold at the New Sandy Hook Elementary School
Dealer: Willco Sales & Service, Inc.
Other Articles to Read
- Can Newtown Design A Safer Sandy Hook School That Doesn’t Feel Like A Fortress?
- The School An Entire Town Designed: Rebuilding Sandy Hook Elementary
- New Sandy Hook Elementary School Design Finds Safety, Security in Openness
- At Sandy Hook Elementary, A New Campus and a New Start at Site of Horror
- Take a Look Inside the New Sandy Hook Elementary School, the ‘Palace This Town Deserves’
- New Sandy Hook School Is Ready Nearly 4 Years After Massacre